Friday, August 25, 2017

Narcissism or confidence?

Ive been thinking a lot lately about my looks. Not in like a "I look good" way. In a "Why do I need prove myself to anyone" kind of way. Why do I need to do my makeup, style my hair, and put together outfits? Why is this need to look a certain way all the time ingrained into my brain? Who am I trying to impress? Boys? Myself? I don't know.  When I walk by the mirror without makeup, hair a mess, in my pajamas. Im like "Yep thats what I look like". Im not impressed or disgusted. I'm just like "thats me".  If I can accept myself naturally, what's the point of trying so hard to look "pretty"? I guess it is so other people like me. I want people to say "she's got good style" or "she's pretty". But why does that matter to me? Is it human nature to want to be liked? To want to be accepted? To fit in? No one wants to be rejected, mocked, or feel unaccepted. Everyone is different but at the same time everyone is the same. We all want to fit into some type of clique. It doesn't matter if you are covered in tattoos or you wear Chanel. You want to be accepted by some form of society. No one truly wants to be an outsider. So who am I trying to fit in with? 







No comments:

Post a Comment